Monday, May 6, 2013

Only in (Starbucks of San Miguel) Mexico

This just in, hot off the press by email from my friend, Janan, who is sitting in Starbucks trying to get some work done because her Internet connection in Balcones is so pathetic.

Janan writes: The man across from me at Starbucks (maybe 12ft away, I think he is talking to his psychic), "so, am I ever going to have sex again?"
…..
"do you mean two more times or two more women?"
……
"Is that two at the same time?  Or different times?….Are they Brazilian?"

…..
"So you said I have two problems, one was trying to overcome the addiction and the other was money?  So, can I buy the '87 porsch 911?…"

"Can you tell me how much longer am I going to live?…..Bad question?….ok, will my future be fulfilling?  is that a bad question?…"
 (long pause)
"I do like water."

Oh, I just realized that I have my headphones on  - maybe he thinks I can't hear him.  They are not playing anything, I just wear them as a sign to say "don't talk to me."  I do it in airports a lot too.


So I write back:
On May 6, 2013, at 3:28 PM, Ann Hillers
Oh my lord I have to steal this.  I will point you to a blog entry I made about 4 years ago. I think it's the same guy.  Is he old and skanky and too skinny with tight jeans?

To which Janan replies:


old and skanky, yes.
not skinny. 
medium build, kind of sloppy.  he's a doctor, which is ewy.


So I forward her my blog entry describing a conversation overheard in the jardin by a guy who looked like an aging musician and she replies:

"wow - no, don't think this is the guy.  this guy is well-fed and has no trace of former rock star.

the best part of the whole conversation is that it is on Skype, and he has to repeat everything louder and slower.  It's painful.  for all of us here at starbucks."

No comments:

Post a Comment