Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Sabbatical Reading List

What I've Read:

The Hummingbird's Daughter, Luis Alberto Urrea
Mexican Days: Journeys Into the Heart of Mexico, Tony Cohan
The Clothes on Their Backs, Linda Grant
Angle of Repose, Wallace Stegner
They Came Like Swallows, William Maxwell
Picturing Will, Ann Beattie
The Attack, Jasmina Kadhra (author of The Swallows of Kabul)


What I'm Working On:

The Island of Lost Maps: A True Story of Cartographic Crime, Miles Harvey (whom we met in San Miguel in June and with whom we spent a couple of great weeks, along with Rengin, Azize and Julian)

Conquest: Montezuma, Cortes and the Fall of Old Mexico, Hugh Thomas
A Year of Magical Thinking, Joan Didion

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I stumbled in at your blog because I wanted to have people with whom to discuss "The white tiger". If you're interested, you can tell me here: http://www.letstalkaboutbollywood.com/article-the-white-tiger-42195430.html

    Thanks!
    yves

    ReplyDelete